SPE Competency Management Tool
What is the SPE Competency Management tool?
The SPE Competency Management Tool (CMT) is a free online service to
members designed to help individuals manage their professional
development throughout their careers. The CMT provides an easy way
to assess one’s current capabilities against specific competencies modeled
for key E&P job positions. Once the assessment is complete, a learning
plan addressing identified competency gaps can be generated offering
suggested training and technical resources to help fill those gaps.
SPE has collaborated with IHRDC, a respected provider of training and
competency development for the oil and gas industry, to help design
and offer this service.
- Production Engineering and Operations
- Well Engineering
- Project and Facilities Engineering
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Business Development
- Supply Chain
TAKE THESE FIVE SIMPLE STEPS TO MANAGE YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Login to http://www.spe.org/training/cmt/
- Select your job role
- Conduct a Self-Assessment to identify your competency gaps
- Generate Individual Learning Plan utilizing suggested training
opportunities and resources
- Begin your development; gain access to training from within the tool
The SPE Competency Management Tool
is available to SPE members at
SPE COMPETENCY MODELS
Forty-one SPE Competency Models were developed and vetted by industry experts and represent the key functional skills an
individual should demonstrate to perform specific petroleum industry jobs.